CourtCall Telephonic Appearances
A joint effort between the Sacramento Superior Court and CourtCall, LLC - external link allows parties to make voluntary telephonic appearances on most civil calendars. The Court, however, reserves the discretion to require personal apperance.
Please see California Rule of Court 3.670 - external link and Sacramento Superior Court Local Rule 2.04 for more information about which calendars can be heard using CourtCall and the fees for this service.
For more information about appearing telephonically, please call CourtCall, rather than the clerk, at (888) 88-COURT (26878) or visit them at CourtCall - external link.
Counsel may make a CourtCall Appearance as follows:
NO LATER THAN 4:00 P.M. THE FRIDAY PRIOR TO THE HEARING
- Request a telephonic appearance by calling CourtCall at (888) 88-COURT (26878) or accessing their online services - external link.
- Detailed instructions as to scheduling your appearance and making the telephonic appearance are available on the "How to Use CourtCall" information sheet;
- Advise opposing counsel (Local Rule 1.06(B));
- Make payment pursuant to California Rule of Court 3.670 - external link to CourtCall.
5 MINUTES PRIOR TO HEARING
- Call the phone number provided by CourtCall no less than 5 minutes prior to the scheduled hearing time to check in with the clerk;
- When checking in with the clerk, state and spell your name, the name of your law firm, and the party being represented.
- Use of a cellular, cordless, or personal computer telephone device is prohibited and sanctionable.
Unless notified to the contrary, all counsel who have timely filed their request and have paid the fee may appear by dialing the toll-free phone number provided by CourtCall, LLC.