Changing my Court Date

You cannot change your court date on any criminal case. If you have an attorney, contact your attorney for assistance. If you posted a bail bond, contact the bail company.

Failing to Appear in Court

If you fail to appear in court, the judge may issue a bench warrant for your arrest. You may receive a notice in the mail with instructions on how to clear the warrant. For further information, you may call 916-874-5522.

Clearing my Warrant

You must appear at the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department located at 4510 Orange Grove Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95841. For further information, you may call 916-874-5383.

Copies of a Court File

Information on requesting a court file.

Sheriff's Work Project

The Sheriff's Work Project is an alternative to continuous confinement in the Main Jail or the Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center. Participation in this program is recommended by the court at the time of sentencing, however, the Sheriff's Department determines eligibility. For further information, you may call 916-874-1417.

Jail / Inmate Information

The Sacramento County Jail is operated by the Sheriff's Department, not the Court. For information regarding inmates and arrested persons, you may call 916-874-6752.

For information regarding inmates housed at the Rio Cosumnes Correction Center, call 916-874-1927.