- Is Your Name / Address Correct?
- Special Assistance Requests
- Information If You've Been Summoned
- You've Been Instructed to Report to the Courthouse
- What to Expect in the Courtroom
- Location / Parking / Transportation Options
- Information for Employers
- Free High-Speed Wireless Service for Jurors
- Tell Us How We're Doing
Effective August 1, 2017 The only juror overflow parking lot will be Lot 297 located on 7th and F Streets.
Important Messages from Jury Services
In response to the health concerns raised by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Sacramento Superior Court has suspended jury trials through June 12, 2020.
- Jurors who have been summoned to report or summoned to call-in for jury service with reporting dates through June 5, 2020, are not required to appear. Their service will be automatically excused.
- Jurors with call-in dates beginning the evening of Friday, June 5, 2020 or after, must follow the instructions on their jury summons.
- Jurors who are currently impaneled and sitting on a trial should wait for further communication directly from their assigned courtrooms.
- Jurors who are required to report for jury service: The Sacramento County Superior Court has developed a plan that that puts your health and safety at the center of our priorities.
Stay Home if you are Sick - Anyone who is sick or who is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to enter any court facility. If you are scheduled for jury service and are ill, please contact the Jury Office at (916) 874-7775 or by requesting a postponement or excuse from jury service online.
Reduction in Jurors – We are significantly reducing the number of jurors being asked to report for jury service at any one time and will be staggering arrival times throughout the day.
Mandatory Face Coverings – Employees, jurors and members of the public will be required to wear facial coverings within the courthouse. For more information on face masks please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
Non-Invasive Temperature Screening - Anyone entering a court facility will have their temperature taken. If you have a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher at screening, your jury service will be ended and you will be released with a recommendation to follow-up with your medical care provider.
Physical Distancing - We have implemented physical-distancing policies throughout the courthouse with floor and seat guides to assist and remind of appropriate physical distancing. Elevator use is being restricted to 2 users at a time.
Enhanced Sanitation - We have increased the amount of routine cleaning, with a focus on high-touch surfaces and common areas including elevators, courtrooms, jury assembly rooms and restrooms.
PLEASE EXPECT LONG LINES AND LONG WAIT TIMES
The court will follow physical distancing recommendations and building access will be limited. Please obey all signs. Your patience is appreciated!
Past or prospective jurors are never contacted by phone regarding failure to serve jury duty. All communication regarding failure to serve jury duty is done via U.S. mail. No court staff or Sacramento County Sheriff’s staff ask past or prospective jurors to pay a fine or provide financial details including, credit card numbers, bank account, social security numbers or other personal information. Please do not provide this type of information to anyone.