In accordance with the passage of AB 3088 on August 31, 2020, the Sacramento Superior Court will resume filing Unlawful Detainer actions on September 9, 2020; after the expiration of the Court's Emergency Relief Order dated August 17, 2020.
As of October 1, 2021, Carol Miller Justice Center will conduct an in-person review of Unlawful Detainer documents ready for filing. A cursory review of the documents will be conducted on-site, but documents will not be filed. Parties will submit their documents after review and will receive copies of filings via U.S. Mail or email after filed.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the courthouse is not open to accept filings in person unless it is for cursory review.
To file papers with the court for an Unlawful Detainer matter, please send via mail or place in the drop box located at:
Unlawful Detainer Division
Carol Miller Justice Center
301 Bicentennial Circle, Room 200
Sacramento, CA 95826
- Unlawful Detainer trials and mediations will be held via video conference (Zoom) only.
For legal assistance, please email the Advisory Clinic at SCUDAdvisors@saccourt.ca.gov
or call (916) 875-7846.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday, excluding court holidays.
Information on Rental Assistance
- Click Here to Obtain Information on Rental Assistance - external link
Online Services for Unlawful Detainer
- Search for Unlawful Detainer Case Information New!
- e-Filing Services for Unlawful Detainer (Landlord / Tenant)
- Answer / Default / Hearing / Fee Waiver Report
- Judicial Staffing
- UD Technical Information (For legal professionals and commercial providers only)
Court Process and General Information
- Resolving Eviction Cases (Video)
- Choosing the Correct Court
- Glossary of Terms
- Landlord Information
- Tenant Information
- Advisory Clinic
- Mediation Program
- Community Resources
- Fees and Forms
Night Court services at the Carol Miller Justice Center (CMJC) are provided remotely on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 4:00 p.m. to 6: 15 p.m. If the 2nd Wednesday of the month is a court holiday, Night Court will occur on the 2nd Thursday of that same month. Services provided include: video hearings and Mediation and Advisory Clinic Workshop utilizing Zoom, a video conferencing application.
Please note: Interpreter services are not currently available during the Night Court hours.
For more information regarding Night Court Mediation, contact the Mediation Program at SCUDAdvisors@saccourt.ca.gov or call (916) 875-7843.