For assistance with a traffic matter, please select one of the following options:
1) Utilize the Traffic Virtual Public Counter to obtain assistance remotely via Zoom. You can show proof of correction, set up payments, pay in full or check-in for a video arraignment appearance. A device that has audio and video capabilities is required. Click HERE to enter the virtual waiting room. Additional information can be found by accessing the applicable Zoom Reference Guide below:
- English - How to speak with a Traffic Clerk via Zoom
- Español - Cómo hablar con una empleada de tráfico usando Zoom
- Русский - Как получить помощь по трафику с помощью Zoom
Hours 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
2) Contact the Traffic Call Center at (916) 669-5712. .
Hours: Monday - Friday 4:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday - 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
3) Contact the Traffic Division via email. Click HERE and list your full name, citation or case number, driver's license and a summary of your request. Please allow 1-2 business days to receive a response.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all traffic hearings are being held exclusively via the internet using Zoom, a video conference application. At this time, you may only see a judge via Zoom; you may not see a judge in person.
There are many options to resolve your case without appearing in court, unless an appearance is required. Please refer to the Traffic Division’s Public Notice for additional information.
Information regarding scheduled appearances:
If you have a scheduled video arraignment hearing, you can obtain the link to appear in court via Zoom by accessing your case on the Public Case Access System. Additionally, you must read the following notice prior to your court appearance:
Traffic Arraignment Advisement of Rights. This notice contains important information regarding your rights and the arraignment process.
- English - Traffic Arraignment Advisement
- Español - Notificación sobre la lectura de cargos en la corte de tráfico
- Русский - Разъяснение о предъявлении обвинения в нарушении правил дорожного движения и эксплуатации транспортных средств
If you have a scheduled *court trial, post sentencing, or motion hearing, you can obtain the link to appear in court via Zoom by accessing your case on the Public Case Access System (PCAS).
*PLEASE NOTE: Litigants and witnesses are advised every trial will be on YouTube for the purpose of complying with the right of the public to access court hearings. If you have a concern regarding the trial being on YouTube advise the presiding Judicial Officer.
It is unlawful to record, download or in any way reproduce a trial without specific court permission. Violators can be held in contempt of court and sanctions imposed pursuant to rule of court 1.150 - external link.
- Please refer to the applicable Zoom Reference Guide below for instructions regarding how to participate in your Zoom court appearance.
Online Services for Traffic
Payment Options and General Information
- Paying Your Fine
- Community Service / Alternative Sentencing Program
- How to Show Proof of Correction
- Traffic Violator School Program
- Modification of Sentence Based on Ability to Pay
- General Citation Information
- Red Light Camera Citations
- Juvenile Citations
- Frequently Asked Questions
Court Process Information
- Preparing for Court
- Appearing in Court
- Contesting a Citation
- Subpoena/Subpoena Duces Tecum
An order to appear in court and to produce documents
Night Court services will be provided remotely on the 2nd Wednesday of every month until 6:15 p.m. These services include Video Conference for Traffic Arraignment hearings and assistance via the Traffic Virtual Public Counter. Click HERE to enter the virtual waiting room to check-in for arraignment, show proof of correction, set up payments or pay in full. Small Claims trials and mediation services will be provided via video conference. Please note: Interpreter services are not currently available during the Night Court hours.
Penalty and Fine Information
- Suspensions / Penalties
- Uniform Traffic Bail Schedule
- How Fines (Bail) are Calculated in Sacramento County
Law Enforcement Agencies
- Traffic Court Setting Grid - 2021 (For Law Enforcement Agencies only)
- Traffic Court Setting Grid - 2022 (For Law Enforcement Agencies only)